Almost every user - and artist - who came to TibiaBR did it because of Tibia. And absolutely all of them remember the glorious battles, the spilled blood, the sudden deaths flying across the screen, the white skulls - and even thered ones -
... now it's time to show your skills in battle. Sharpen your swords, for the Glorious PVP Contest of Artists has begun! "A las armas!"
Okay, Jose, but... what if I don't own a strong character?"
Fear no more, dear user. As every contest in this fan art board, it's a drawing contest
. More precisely, an OC (Original Character) contest
. In other words, you'll create and draw your own fighter and they will battle for you. Let us make it clear:
This contest will consist of two phases:
[Phase One: Presentation]
In this phase, artists must create a character based on Tibia
You can take whatever you want from it (outfits, equipment, monsters, NPCs, etc.) to create your character, as long as you stay inside the game's atmosphere.
Put effort into this; once you reach second phase, you can't change their characteristics anymore!
Just a few restrictions here:
- Every drawing technique and style is accepted;
- You may entry only one character to the contest, so be sure to make your best;
- There must be a concept art of the character, including written notes about them on the drawing
- Portuguese or English only (as for everything else, since we need to communicate with our players);
- Use your creativity, a good character is both interesting and not too overpowered. Our judges won't pick necessarily the strongest looking, but rather the most interesting concepts (artistically and conceptually!);
- Drawings must be posted in this thread until the deadline. If you don't know how to do it, refer to this simple tutorial;
- You might edit your entry until then, but once the thread is closed, it's definitive;
- We are not stupid. Any copy/tracing/plagiarism will lead to instant elimination.
- Some examples can be found below, or by clicking here. You don't have to follow their style thoroughly.
You need to register in TibiaBR Forums in order to join this contest. You can Click Here
to register or Click Here
for help. Further questions, feel free to ask in this thread
, either in Portuguese or English.
[Phase Two: The Battles]
For this phase, our judges will select a maximum of 16 participants to a Knockout like below:
The selected players must then, at every round, draw their and the opponent's characters battling. Once again, few restrictions:
- It might be a single illustration or a short story (like a comic or manga);
- If you decide making a comic page, keep it short: one page (about 4~6 panels);
Rounds are going to happen very quickly
- Stay plausible to the characters' descriptions/appearance, specially your enemy's!
, each one taking about 1 week. Rules on how to submit your work will be posted in the Knockout Thread, which will be open when the Phase One is over.
Our judges for this contest are our official artists:
Don Maximus Meridius
All drawings will be judged by the following aspects by our judges:
Technique (0-30 points)
- The quality of the final product: drawing, anatomy, composition, colors (if applied), etc.
Characters (0-30 points)
- How well you represented your and the opponent's characters in your drawing based on the concepts and descriptions;
Fight (0-40 points)
- Of course! Creativity doing attacks, dynamics, general creativity, etc.
The Great Final will be judged by mixed audience:
1/3 of the score will be given by the judges
2/3 by popular voting.
Any rule is subject to changes during the contest. If such, our Team will make a post in this thread, warning all competitors.
You may apply for the first phase until: 07/05/2012
07/07 - Winners of phase one announced;
07/09 - Pre Quarter-finals;
07/16 - Quarter-finals;
07/23 - Semi-finals;
07/30 - Finals
08/11 - Results
IMPORTANT: Dates are given in GMT(-03:00), meaning the deadlines correspond to Brazilian's standard time zone